Child Support Service

Hobart Community Legal Service's Child Support Service assists custodial (carer) parents seeking advice on all aspects of Child Support. This service can provide telephone advice within Southern Tasmania or a face-to-face service from our Hobart Office.

This Service can help you:

  • obtain a Court Order for child maintenance or an increase in child maintenance
  • register Orders or Agreements with the Agency for collection
  • prove paternity
  • apply for an administrative assessment of Child Support to be changed by the Child Support Agency
  • make an application to Court seeking an Order that the administrative assessment should not apply in your case.


The Child Support Service does not offer a debt collection/enforcement service.